Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Drumming to my own beat...

Well, today started drum lessons.  I will tell you I was incredibly intimidated as I sat down in front of the drum set.  It had been a long time since I have played any type of music, and playing drums is a lot different than most other instruments.

Still, it was INCREDIBLE!!!  I mean, in reality, I sucked... 

Ok, it wasn't that bad.  But I wasn't great.  But the best part?

I was OK with it!  I had fun and relaxed!  I can't tell you how great it felt to not worry about what the world thought, to admit I was not great at something, to relax, and to enjoy the journey.  After all, that is what learning is really supposed to be about.  That is really what LIFE is supposed to be about.

I am not living my life for anyone else.  And ultimately, my time is spent making awesome experiences for myself and those around me.  My goal is not to limit myself by stressing about what I can't do perfectly.  Instead, I want to experience everything I can get my hands on and just ENJOY life.  It's really too short anyway...

So, I have plenty of homework in drumming, training tomorrow, books to read, road trips to plan, cake decorating to begin, and Dad just got home from a trip.  He brought me a pair of new hiking shoes.  Guess he knows I am ready for an adventure. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment