Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year

I woke up at 6am on New Year's Day. I was NOT a party animal last night...

I am excited to continue my work on this project. Today's goals are to select the first book to start reading, and to secure a tutorial for Italian.

When I wrote that I wanted to read 10 great works of literature, I really threw that out there. I didn't write that I would be rereading, or that I have to read new books.  I read a lot, and have read many books.  The truth is that there are many books I have yet to read.  For the sake of broadening my horizons and clarifying my goal, I will now say that I have to read 10 new books. Now, I guess 10 "great works" is not a measurable goal (I will drive you crazy by the end of this!), but I will do my best to consult library websites and my own personal list of books I have always wanted to read.  By the end of the day today, I will report back with my list of what I will be reading over the next 10.5 months.

Italian.  My goal is to learn 20 words. In reality, I would love to learn the language.  I know that is not possible in this time period.  If I were given a longer period, I would love to take an actual class, so that I could learn the language and be surrounded with other people that are interested in the language and culture of Italy. For now, I will look online and check out the library in the next few days. :-)

And now a word about the dreaded D-word... Divorce. For those of you that knew me while I was married, and while I was going through the divorce, I sincerely apologize.  I maintain that I was drugged during that period. I don't want to get nasty with details, but I will say that the past eight years borrowed part of my soul that I only recently regained. I am so happy to have my whole being back. I am happy to be smiling when I wake up in the morning and when I go to bed at night. I love having dreams and goals, and I love pushing myself to make things happen.  If any of you knew me during my marriage, you probably saw that I was missing a spark in my eye and a pep in my step.  All I can say is I am glad to be back!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment