Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Results Are In...

Ok, even though I have been active these past few months, I knew I was nowhere near "fit."  Anyone can see great changes in my body, but there is no question that I have not achieved fitness status.  So, I decided to suck it up and meet with a trainer.  I know I am not at peak physical shape-- that is why I have goals.  I also know I want to be better... No, I NEED to be better... So, I know I need some guidance.

I met with Tim at Harvey's Gym in Tullahoma.  He was an incredible motivating and nice man that took me through the basics of nutrition.  I agreed to feed my body the fuel it needs to train.  In exchange, I was told my body would do amazing things.  I could get used to this!

After the nutrition orientation, he took me into a fitness room for what I thought would be a "tour." Wrong... It was a one hour body weight plyometrics workout that made me want to scream. Talk about intense!  He was great, and pushed me when I didn't think I could go on...

Then I met Jesse, for what I thought would be a "talk about running."  Wrong... I was jump roping, hopping across the room, jogging, walking fast, and leaping through the dance room.  I will tell you it is an eye-opening experience when you are hopping in front of a room-length mirror for everyone to see.  I have lost a good amount of weight, but I still have a way to go...  It was also an incredibly liberating experience though.  Once you have been that vulnerable and still get cheers from anyone (especially yourself), and you know that you are doing this for yourself to make YOU faster and better, then it really doesn't matter anymore.  It isn't about trying to conceal and make people think you look better or thinner or anything else.  You ultimately have to own up to what you have in front of you and decide what  you want to do to make yourself better.
I learned an incredible amount of self-love at that moment.  I also wanted to beg Jesse to let me go home (or even sit down- he's a rough one!).  Seriously, I learned that I am a tough cookie, and I love myself incredibly for pushing my body to meet this challenge.  I am impressed that I took the steps to go tonight, that I lasted through 2.5 hours of misery, and that I still walked out with a smile on my face.

I am absolutely thrilled that I am at a point in my life that I can go to sleep and be so proud for all I have contributed today, and for how far I have come. I am a pretty awesome chick! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment